Andrew and Daniella discuss Xbox Project Scorpio Specs, Pepcom NYC, Persona 5 and the Gearbox G2A fallout. Missed our live recording? Join us on Discord so you can be part of the next live show.
Xbox Project Scorpio
- Q4 Console Release
- 16nm FinFET chip produced by TSMC
- 360mm2 and over 7 billion transistors
- Uses an evolved custom x86 version of the Jaguar Core CPU
- Like XBOX ONE, there are two quad-core clusters with a total of 4MB L2 Cache
- Frequency compared to XBOX ONE is 2.3GGHz vs. 1.75GHz (31% Increase)
- Microsoft is targeting lower latency as a priority between the CPU and GPU
- Hardware implementation of DirectX 12 is directly into the GPU processor
- APB (Audio Processing Block) is the same one found in the Xbox One. Spatial audio in the form of Dolby Atmos and Dolby Atmos for headphones is going to be supported - adding a height component to 7.1 Surround Sound
- All Xbox owners (One, One S, Scorpio) will benefit from Dolby Atmos
|Scorpio||Xbox One||PS4||PS4 Pro|
|Comp. Power (TF)||6.0||1.31||1.84||4.2|
|Scorpio||Xbox One||PS4 Pro|
|Core Clock||1172 MHz||853MHz||911MHz|
|Scorpio||Xbox One||PS4 Pro|
|Mem Config.||12GB GDDR5||8GB DDR3+ESRAM||8GB GDDR5|
|Available for Games||8GB||5GB||5GB|
- Scorpio’s dashboard render will be native 4K, this wasn’t possible in the Xbox One S
- Scorpio is a mid-gen refresh with a boatload of customizations
- Anywhere that the experienced a bottleneck on the current platforms, they customized the Scorpio to make sure they do not experience any of those challenges
- Forza engine was ported into Scorpio in two days and it performed extremely well with no platform specific optimization - ran at 4K/60FPS with no problem.
- 1080P Xbox One titles will work at 4K/60FPS with additional power available to allocate to other things.
- Zooming in features are W.I.P - except if its a straight Xbox One port
- Aiming for 900p titles to run at 4K as well
|Project Scorpio||Radeon RX 480|
|Core Clock||1172MHZ||1266MHZ (Max Boost)|
|Comp. Perf (TF)||6.0||5.8 (Max Boost)|
- Every Scorpio motherboard is balanced by its processor, they are all different...like its own fingerprint.
- Vapor chamber cooling assembly to keep the system from overheating - very similar to the ones you’d find in the GTX1080/TI graphics card.
- No vents on top of the console
- Heat is pushed through the back of the machine by a large fan
- All Scorpio games will supersample down to 1080p games - not leaving the 1080p crowd behind.
- All game modes (high performance, high resolution) will be available to all users regardless of their display
- Game DVR gets a 4K/60 upgrade as well
- Whatever your Xbox One can run, Scorpio will run it better
- BackComPat is on a per-game basis, all the power will be deployed on the backcompat titles
- 30FPS games will run at a more consistent FR - Mass Effect Andromeda (Xbox One) struggles to run at 30FPS during intense firefights. Scorpio will help with that
- BackComPat of Xbox One titles will completely eliminate screen tearing on Scorpio
Lifehacks and Entertainment News
- Download Instagram Photos and Videos in bulk
- Best Search Engine For Privacy?
- Making the most out of your Google Calendar
- Have Amazon Prime? You can stream NFL Games this fall!
- You can now watch Netflix offline on Windows 10
- We Happy Few is being adapted into a feature film
- Shia LaBeouf's latest indie drama Man Down was a major flop at the U.K. box office.
- Daniel Craig has reportedly been wooed back for James Bond 25
- James Cameron's long-in-development Avatar 2 will reportedly begin filming later this year.
- Capcom's upcoming Mega Man TV series will air on Cartoon Network.
- Call of Duty is already one of the biggest game franchises, and now Activision Blizzard wants the shooter series to dominate theaters.
- Netflix has announced Marvel's The Defenders will debut on August 18.
- Youtube stops monetizing a channel until it his 10K lifetime views
- Shannon Woodward has joined the cast of The Last of Us Part 2.
- Robert Kirkman's long-running superhero comic book series Invincible is being turned into a movie.
- LeEco Le Pro 3 Smartphone
- Worx Hydroshot
- WD My Passport SSD 1TB
- Airblock Drone
- Garmin Wearables
- Plantronics BackBeatPro2 and BackBeat 500
Video Game News
- Pokemon Go has hit 65 million monthly active users.
- Payment information from credit cards used on GameStop's online store may have been compromised. Gamestop is currently investigating…
- Children aged 13-17 thought Xbox was the fourth coolest brand in the world, with PlayStation down in seventh.
- Square Enix announced that total sales for Nier: Automata have surpassed one million units.
- All four of Naughty Dog's Jak and Daxter games are coming to PlayStation 4 as PS2 Classics.|
- NBA Playgrounds is coming to consoles next month
- A Bayonetta announcement is being teased by Sega
- First screenshot for the Phantom Dust remaster.
- Fan Made Dragon Ball Z Fighting Game
- Charlie Murder and The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile coming to Steam
- Marvel Heroes Omega coming to consoles
- Blizzard is gearing up for an Overwatch announcement on April 12
- Ninja Theory’s Hell Blade
- Core-A Gaming recently put up a mini-doc on YouTube that deals with the philosophy of taunting in fighting games
- A free trial for Dishonored 2 is available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC
- Eiji Aonuma has suggested that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's open world structure will become the basis for the series' design going forward.
- Players can now buy games on Twitch
- Gearbox withdrew its partnership from G2A
- SEGA Japan has placed restrictions on users who wish to stream the puzzle game Puyo Puyo Tetris. SEGA says: We highly encourage our American and European fans to stream the game when it comes out (there are no PS4 share button restrictions). We want them to share their experiences with the world, but we do ask them to please be conscious of revealing Adventure Mode story cutscenes.
- Persona 5 has 50% more dialogue in its script compared to Persona 4 Golden. The team also hired more translators and editors than EVER!
- Persona 5 players won't have access to built-in PlayStation 4 sharing for screenshots and videos.