- 1 In this episode of The Show Radio, Andrew talks about the recent Titanfall 6 vs. 6 drama, his Xbox One impressions (now that he owns one) and Andrew House's Playstation talk during the Consumer Electronics Show 2014. Are the consumers being overly dramatic about the 6 vs. 6 count for Titanfall? Is the Xbox One all that it's cracked up to be? Is Playstation hitting all of the right cylinders? Tune in and thanks for listening.
- 2 Technology News
- 3 Gaming News
- 4 Xbox One Impressions (January 4th).
- 5 PlayStation at CES 2014
- 6 SUPPORT MY SPONSOR
- 7 HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!
- 8 LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK & DOWNLOAD THE APP!
- 9 SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW RADIO MEDIA PODCAST & NEVER MISS AN EPISODE!
In this episode of The Show Radio, Andrew talks about the recent Titanfall 6 vs. 6 drama, his Xbox One impressions (now that he owns one) and Andrew House's Playstation talk during the Consumer Electronics Show 2014. Are the consumers being overly dramatic about the 6 vs. 6 count for Titanfall? Is the Xbox One all that it's cracked up to be? Is Playstation hitting all of the right cylinders? Tune in and thanks for listening.
- Tmobile releases Uncarrier 4.0, wants to pay your earlier termination fees
- CyanogenMod teams up with OnePlus to create the “OnePlus One” Cyanogen phone
- We the Geeks: The Future of Computing ~ was a panel presented by the White House. The panel speakers included Tom Kalil and Cristin Dorgelo from the White House Office of Science and Technology, Mark Papermaster, Chief Technology Officer at Advanced Micro Devices, Alex Hawkinson, CEO of SmartThings, Alex Kipman of Microsoft Kinect, and Palmer Luckey, founder of Oculus Rift.
- WWE announces their network
- Firefox Light is a less bloated version of the browser with some key features removed
- Adobe Flash on “Chromium for Linux” will stop working in April
- Best photography applications for Android
- Astro Gaming’s A38 Headset
- Toejam and earl III is available over at Assember Games
- Greg Martin known for Flinstone’s, TMNT, Sonic 2, Pacman, Ducktales 2 passes away
- Criterion Games co-founders Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry leaves EA to form a new game company
- Playstation 4 hitting Japan on February 2nd 2014
- Energy Hook coming to PS4 and PS Vita in 2014
- Phil Spencer says that the Halo TV show will not be a filler content although fans received Spartan Assault in that manner
- Rob Semsey says Halo is coming in 2014
- 2K not renewing MLB series for 2014
- Xbox 360 Pizza Hut app makes over 1 million dollars in its first four months
- GoPro app coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360
- Xbox One Twitch streaming is a couple of months away
- Killer Instinct gets a title update
- Alien: Isolation trailer is out!
- Shaquille O’Neal confirms that Shaq Fu 2 is coming soon
- Telltale’s Kevin Bruner wouldn’t mind doing a James Bond game
- 3 Million Xbox Ones sold worldwide in 2013
- Xbox’s Marc Whitten says that the Xbox One’s first major update will focus on its social features
- Titanfall will have 6V6 got a lot of heat and a Respawn Entertainment Employee had a few points over at NeoGAF. Also, Titanfall’s sniping will not be annoying
- Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC may be heading your way on January 28th.
- Call of Duty Championship is coming to Los Angeles on March 28th with a 1 million dollar prize pool
Xbox One Impressions (January 4th).
- Installation, old TV (1080I), A50 (optical)
- UI - Pins include, Party, Activity & Friends. I've also pinned Netflix, ESPN, Blu-Ray, Skype YouTube and Call of Duty: Ghosts.
- Friends ~ change my view to online now doesn't stick ~ I only want to see who’s online * Annoying
- Kinect, and voice commands ~ works
- Recently used - always the last four boxes underneath the main home screen between your profile Icon and “insert disc” icon unless you already have them pinned
- Party chat ~ Using the built in mic in kinect + my Astro A50s. When you start a party, the chat if off by default (annoying). Why can’t it be on by default?
- Skype, only offers 4 participants but automatically upgrades you to premium. Why not 10 participants?
- Games & Apps are grouped to
- Apps, or lack off (ESPN, Netflix, NFL)
PlayStation at CES 2014
- PlayStation sells over 4.2 million units as of December 28th 2013
- Twitch recently announced that between December 23, 2013 and January 3, 2014, 20% of its broadcasters were PS4 owners.
- Playstation Now, powered by Gaikai ~ BETA starts at the end of January and full roll out by Summer 2014
- Cloud based TV
- 70 million Internet Enabled Sony Devices in U.S living rooms today including 25 million PS3 systems
- Based on the number of users streaming video, Sony’s network would rank in the top five cable and satellite providers in the U.S
- PlayStation 3 is the number one device in the world for watching Netflix in the living room
- Life Space UX ~ Ultra Short Throw Projector ~ 4K @ 147 inches ~ Summer 2014
- Touch Screen projector for any table canvas
SUPPORT MY SPONSOR
- PROXPN ~ Head over to http://proxpn.com/podcast and use promo code “SHORAM” for 20% off of the lifetime of your account.
HELP ME SPREAD THE WORD!
- Share #TheShowRadio with your twitter followers. CLICK HERE TO POST A TWEET!
- If you enjoyed The Show, head over to ITunes and Stitcher!
LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK & DOWNLOAD THE APP!
Got a question or comment? Let me know.
- Download The Show Radio App
- Call 347-620-1282
- Andrew [at] theshowradio [dot] info
- Leave a Speakpipe message using your microphone and PC
SUBSCRIBE TO THE SHOW RADIO MEDIA PODCAST & NEVER MISS AN EPISODE!
Additional podcatchers and platforms include: