The TCL Roku 55′ 4K TV is a thin bezel streaming powerhouse. It offers over 3000+ channels, 4 HDMI ports, Dual band WiFi and an Ethernet port for smooth streaming. I review this unit as well as catch up on the latest news.
Tracks provided by Gamechops – Check out the Halloween EP here!
- The Show Radio Blog is powered by Bluehost. Why? Because they make it incredibly easy to get a new site up and running with their one-click automatic WordPress Blog installation. You can use your Bluehost account to host multiple domains. Check out theshowradio.info/bluehost to get started for as low as $3.45/month, exclusively to my listeners.
- This podcast is brought to you by ProXPN. ProXPN is a VPN service that secures your internet connection against eavesdropping, masks your location, and allows you to access your favorite sites no matter where you live or travel to. With it no one can see the websites you visit or record your online activity, intercept banking details, instant messages, or passwords. Check out theshowradio.info/proxpn,use promo code “SHORAM” for 20% off of the lifetime of your account.
- This podcast is also brought to you by Audible.com. Audible has over 180,000+ audiobooks to choose from, get your first audiobook Free with a 30-day trial. Check out theshowradio.info/audiobook for your free 30-day trial.
- Whether you’re looking to publish podcasts automatically or you’re looking for a full suite of tools building your audience, Simple Podcast Press is an absolutely amazing player. Click here to check out Simple Podcast Press Player.
Life Hacks + Entertainment News
- CBS has ordered a one-hour, live-action game show based on the mobile game Candy Crush Saga.
- Leonardo DiCaprio’s film production company Appian Way is partnering with Paramount to produce Captain Planet.
- Shawn Levy, whose directing credits include several episodes of Netflix’s Stranger Things, as well as Real Steel and all three Night at the Museum films, is set to direct the Uncharted movie
- NBC’s 1982 television show Knight Rider is being rebooted as a digital series by Fast and the Furious director Justin Lin
- AT&T has reached a deal to acquire Time Warner
- WhatsApp is testing video for beta users
- BMW reboots it’s classic BMW Films series with a new short featuring british actor Clive Owen
- OnePlus is currently working on an enhanced version of the OnePlus 3 with a newer processor and a better display. The OnePlus 3T is expected to be launched at December.
- 101 of the best free software for your Windows PC
Video Game News
- Audio company THX has been acquired by laptop and accessory manufacturer Razer
- PlayStation 4 dashboard will soon host a Tournaments feature, in collaboration with ESL.
- Galaga Legions, Joe Danger 2, and The Orange Box are now backward compatible with Xbox One
- GameStop will now accept trade-ins for retro games and a number of retro consoles at all of its locations
- Sony has officially licensed two third-party manufacturers to develop “pro controllers” for the PS4
- Setup – Fairly simple, TV stands on legs instead of the pedestal, which would tip over easier
- Bezel – Black, thin bezel all the way around, except for the bottom which is silver and black, to match the leg stands
- 4 HDMI Ports which supports HDCP 2.2, which is a technology designed to prevent illegal copying of 4K Ultra HD content. Ethernet port for smoother streaming, Composite AV IN, Digital Audio out, Audio out and if all else fails – the factory reset button
- Over 3,000 Roku channels – embedding Roku’s library into a TV is really awesome
- Roku’s 4K Spotlight Channel has a curated list of all the movies available to stream in Ultra High-Definition. In addition to that, you have 4K content from apps like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Ultra Flix and Vudu…
- Search function allows you to find results across multiple channels
- You can also create your own feed of movies and other content
- TCL’s Creative Pro 4K UHD up-scaling technology that delivers near-4K quality from 1080p HD sources
- Roku OS, running the latest 802.11ac wireless standard and Ethernet port for lag-free streaming. What I really like about this OS is that it isn’t to sell me on one app over another. If they can fit it on their platform, the app will be available for you to use. That’s all I want. ESPN isn’t on the PlayStation Network unless I use Vue. What If I already have a cable account? I just use Roku’s WatchESPN or any other app of my liking and I’m good to go. I say this because the only way that I was able to watch this, namely ESPN, was by either casting it or turning on the Xbox One. Now, I have another way to use that app without turning on an additional external source.
- No HDR on this unit.