In the 6.28.12 edition of the Halo bulletin BS Angel talks about the snow filled map that will be in Halo 4 entitled Longbow.
Here is the description:
LOCATION: Northern regions of the planet Concord.
DESCRIPTION: Located in the northern polar region of the planet Concord, the frigid climate and unique gravitational conditions provide an optimal perch for Longbow Station’s channel-based mass drivers. Before the Covenant War, the UEG launched deep space monitoring relays from here in an effort to study far-flung star systems.
From Sidewinder to Containment to Snowbound to Avalanche, Halo has a long multiplayer map history speckled with various virtual snow-filled expanses. That history continues into Halo 4 with Longbow.
The goal of Longbow was to create a playspace that showcases one of our new (and unannounced) game modes. Early in development, we considered several options, including making it something like a big Arecibo-type telescope built into a valley.
Here are some other notable points:
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is moving into editorial and post production
- Halo 4 campaign is playable from start to finish
- Halo 4 will have a presence at RTX and SDCC
- Custom challenge with the Scorpion tank will grant you 5x the usual multiplier
- Each Swat game that you complete will give you the chance to win 27,000 CR points.