Netgear Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Router, the latest from the hardware giant is a top tier router for those running multiple clients on their network. It features Tri-Band WiFi which helps deliver more stable Wifi to your clients, app and device dynamic QoS bandwidth and 6 high performance antennas for maximum range. Powered by a 1GHz dual core processor with 3 offload processors, the Nighthawk X6 can manage anything that you throw at it and it is also equipped with a USB 3.0 port for your printer and hard drive solutions. Now, that's the tech specs in a nutshell but how does it perform? A great router has the 'set it and forget it' factor. I have on average 7-10 devices on my network and my network speeds (119/40) makes the ride a little easier.
Setting up the router was a breeze as well with minimal prompts. Once set and all the devices are recognized, the real fun begins with the Dynamic QOS. The QOS ensures that that the client not only gets the speed priorities that it needs but also puts them in their proper lane. This allows the network to be free of congestion and each client is receiving the exact stream that it needs to perform well. So whether my daughter is on her kindle, my wife is on Netflix (Samsung Tab 2013, Xbox 360) or I'm on the Xbox One, we're all happy with the WiFi traffic output. Parental controls are a necessity and I use OpenDNS through the router and that performs well. I need to know that any content flowing through my network is protected especially having a teenager who wants to google everything.
If there's a bad thing I'd say about the Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Router is the fact that it has external antennas. Now it's just me but if something falls at the right angle on one of those 6 antennas, its a wrap. I like the internal antenna design but I understand that the external design will give you more range - I get it. The other thing is design, it does look awesome but it takes up more space than I expected. Now, if there's a way to get all the tech into a smaller shell and allow the unit to be stack able and still having the proper ventilation, that would be a step in the right direction.
If you're looking for a budget router, this isn't the one. If you're looking for a router that's going to take your network and computing to the next level while forgetting the fact that the router is even there - the Netgear Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Router has your name written on it.
- Daniel Craig wants to do a few more James Bond Movies, Also check out Sam Smith’s "The Writing's On The Wall" for the Spectre, the new bond film
- Fast and Furious 8 can’t seem to find a director
- Fox Mulder and Dana Scully are set to resume their investigations in X-Files
- Mirror's Edge Swedish composer, Solar Fields, is writing the music for Catalyst
- Alicja Bachleda-Curus, who played B.J. Blazkowicz's friend Anya in Wolfenstein The New Order, teased Wolfenstein: The New Order 2.
- Xbox One and the Xbox App on Windows 10 will have access to 12-person Party Chat.
- Bungie designer Rob Engeln said that the "Lost to Light," mission in which players can acquire Black Spindle, will be back soon
- Mega Man spiritual successor Mighty No. 9 will be released on Feb. 9, 2016 in North America, says Deep Silver
- The Broadband Commission Working Group on Gender recently held a panel at the United Nations discussing the "rising tide of online violence against women and girls." which featured Zoe Quinn and Feminist Frequency creator Anita Sarkeesian. The Report can be accessed here.
- Star Fox Zero is delayed until 2016
- Twisted Pixel, the Austin, the studio behind Splosion Man,Comic Jumper and The Gunstringer, is going independent again.
- Rainbow Six Siege beta is being extended until October 4, 2015.
- BioShock trilogy may be coming this November.
- Ys Net is asking for more money for Shenmue III
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta will be available from October 8th through the 12th
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III Story Trailer has you searching for truth while reconciling the fact that the campaign won’t be included on Xbox 360 and PS3
- Colin Cowherd hates E-Sports
- Phil Spencer isn’t a fan of console wars, he finds them distasteful
- Halo 5 Story Trailer shows a dead Master Chief, Halo 6 in the works