Destiny: Rise of Iron is the next expansion from Bungie and it will be released on the 20th of September, 2016 on the Xbox One and PS4. This one will not be on be PS3 / Xbox 360 and it will cost $30 USD and require Vanilla Destiny and Taken King to play. I'll cover some things you should consider as you anxiously await its release.
Life Hacks + Entertainment News
- 5 of the best Custom Roms for Android
- Samsung Milk Music is officially shutting down September 22
- Noti is a free and open-source Pushbullet client for Mac
- Solid Explorer 2.2 is now available with encryption, multi-window support, and more
- Join the Chromecast Preview Program To Get Access to New Features First
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Tom Cruise is "on the verge of closing his deal" with the studio.
- HBO Now is coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 before Westworld's October 2 debut
- Vectr Is a Free, Cross-Platform, Online Graphics Editor
- Openbay Finds Quotes and Books Appointments For Car Repairs In Your Area
- 6 Awesome Chrome Extensions to Fully Customize Your Facebook Account
- How to Set Up an Xbox One Controller in Ubuntu
- Plex Media Server beta for NVIDIA SHIELD adds Plex DVR functionalities
Video Game News
- The Battlefield 1 beta had 13.2 million players, making it the biggest beta in EA history.
- Riot Games estimates it has over 100 million players actively playing each month.
- The Last Guardian has been delayed once again, and will now release on December 6 in the US, December 7 in Europe, and December 9 in the UK and Ireland.
- Assassin's Creed The Ezio Collection will release this year for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in North America on November 15, and in Europe on November 17.
- Playstation VR: From September 15 through October 19, you can pick up a specially marked $5 Taco Bell Big Box at participating Taco Bell locations and text in the code on the box for a chance to win. One winner will be selected approximately every 15 minutes!
- Still have questions about Xbox Anywhere?
- All Battlefield 4 expansions are free on Xbox One and Xbox 360 courtesy of this week’s Deals with Gold.
- Death Stranding is due for release in 2018 and it's an open world game with a degree of freedom. Hideo Kojima told fans during an Q&A session at Tokyo Game Show 2016.
- Kojima took the opportunity to distance himself from Konami’s forthcoming game Metal Gear Survive, a spin-off from Kojima’s acclaimed Metal Gear series. When asked whether the idea for Survive had come from Kojima himself, he replied, “That’s nothing to do with me!
- Super Nintendo Mini
- Are Game Emulators legal?
- Activision CEO Bobby Kotick: "We've had Call of Duty games played on virtually every console for the last 14 years. So the idea of having a game that centers around armed conflict through history...you never run out of ideas for Call of Duty games. There will always be Call of Duty games. And they'll be played on a variety of devices."
- President of Sony Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida has said that while he enjoyed No Man's Sky, he understands why many players felt let down by the game, and puts that down Hello Games' PR strategy.
Preparing for Rise of Iron
- Get your currencies and materials as high as you can
- Get as much reputation with each of the factions and vendors as you can
- Owl Sector going on that primarily affects the Crucible. upon killing an enemy with your Super after they've killed you with theirs, they'll pass on any Transmissions tied to them. It'll give you an experience and reputation boost. There are five different boosts, but they all have the same effect and do not stack. The buffs are Brilliance 3.2, Glory 2.1, Splendor 2.6, Magnificence 2.0, and Fortitude 3.1.
- Raid, if feasible.
- Tier 12 - Every Guardian’s armor gives boosts to three stats: Intellect, Discipline, and Strength. When someone explains that their Guardian has a 5/5/2 split, they’re saying they have maxed out Intellect and Discipline, while also unlocking two tiers on Strength. This build is possible in a variety of permutations, such as 2/5/5 or 4/4/4. Sources that can help these include Destiny Item Manager, Ishtar Commander for Apple and Android, and Tower Ghost.
- Every piece of gear has a percentage of max roll. A bad roll would be a piece of gear that says ‘85-90%’ of max roll. This means that the gear’s potential to get you to tier 12 is very unlikely.
- What you want is a piece of gear like Dead Orbit’s Heliopause Boots which has a max roll of 96-99% or higher. These stats can be checked using the Destiny Item Manager by clicking on an armor piece and then clicking the drop down arrow on the right for those percentages.
- Why should you care? Faster cooldown times for grenades and melee is an advantage. Faster cooldown times for your super is an advantage. PvP or PvE.
- u/Mercules904 has created spreadsheets listing the best baseline armor pieces for each guardian class!
- The Show Radio Blog is powered by Bluehost. Why? Because they make it incredibly easy to get a new site up and running with their one-click automatic WordPress Blog installation. You can use your Bluehost account to host multiple domains. Check out theshowradio.info/bluehost to get started for as low as $3.45/month, exclusively to my listeners.
- This podcast is brought to you by ProXPN. ProXPN is a VPN service that secures your internet connection against eavesdropping, masks your location, and allows you to access your favorite sites no matter where you live or travel to. With it no one can see the websites you visit or record your online activity, intercept banking details, instant messages, or passwords. Check out theshowradio.info/proxpn,use promo code “SHORAM” for 20% off of the lifetime of your account.
- This podcast is also brought to you by Audible.com. Audible has over 180,000+ audiobooks to choose from, get your first audiobook Free with a 30-day trial. Check out theshowradio.info/audiobook for your free 30-day trial.
- Whether you’re looking to publish podcasts automatically or you’re looking for a full suite of tools building your audience, Simple Podcast Press is an absolutely amazing player. Click here to check out Simple Podcast Press Player.