O J Simpson was granted parole and is set to be released in October. We also chat O.J's Art of Charm, Twitch Psychology, San Diego Comic Con Trailers and give our Destiny 2 Beta Impressions. Our YouTube video of The Show can be found here.
- O J Simpson
- Twitch Psychology
- Skype for Linux Now Lets You Make Group Video Calls
- How to Turn Off Internet Explorer in Windows 10
- The Complete Guide to Improve Your Home WiFi Security
- How to Set Up Bluetooth in Linux
- Filmmaker Christopher Nolan criticized Netflix for its digital distribution model that stays away from movie theaters.
- Spider-Man: Homecoming director Jon Watts will reportedly be back to helm the sequel.
- A new season of The Seven Deadly Sins anime will premiere in January 2018, which will be followed by an anime movie that summer.
- The third installment in the Cloverfield universe, previously known as God Particle, has been pushed back a little over three months. - February 2, 2018
- Gears of War developer The Coalition announced a new series of comics based on its third-person shooter series is coming next year.
- Legion showrunner Noah Hawley is working on another Marvel project for Fox — and he's teased one of the characters - Doctor Doom.
- Warner Bros. and DC confirmed that Wonder Woman 2 is a part of the upcoming slate of DCEU films.
- Todd McFarlane to direct a new Spawn Movie
- Marvel's Iron Fist has a new showrunner for Season 2. Raven Metzner (Sleepy Hollow, Falling Skies) will serve as showrunner for Season 2, taking over for Scott Buck, who, after working on Season 1, is now the showrunner on Marvel's Inhumans.
- The Defenders Trailer
- Justice League Trailer
- Thor: Ragnarok Trailer
- Kinsman: The Golden Circle Trailer
- Stranger Things 2
- Street Fighter V is getting a new batch of costumes and stages on July 25.
- Tekken 7's next DLC character is Fatal Fury's Geese Howard.
- Arc System Works has announced BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, a new crossover fighting game that will combine characters from a trio of games developed and/or published by Arc System Works plus the 3D animated series RWBY from Rooster Teeth Productions.
- Sega World Drivers Championship
- Atari has revealed the first full images of its new Ataribox console - the company explained that the console will feature "modern internal specs", allowing it to include classic games (perhaps suggesting a NES Classic-like library of retro games), as well as deliver "current gaming content".
- The Surge now has a demo on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Patapon Remastered will be released for PlayStation 4 digitally on August 1.
- River City Ransom Underground developer Conatus says it will change the soundtrack to the game because, in short, "we can’t spend another minute thinking about the false DMCA complaints filed against us and our YouTube and Twitch community."
- Tomb Raider developer Crystal Dynamics is celebrating its 25th anniversary with a special game bundle.
- Gigantic Starter Bundle And Ultimate Bundle Are Now Available For Xbox One
- Virtua Fighter 2 and Quantum Conundrum now have Xbox One backwards compatibility
- Nintendo's online app for the Switch is now available to download on the Apple app store.
- Nintendo has filed trademark applications which relate to various game controllers, including one pertaining to Nintendo 64, sparking speculation about Nintendo's potential next mini-console.
- PlayStation had its best June ever, according to analysts at the NPD Group. Over all, hardware and software saw a 7% increase over the same period last year.
- Sony appears to be using copyright law in an attempt to remove all traces of a leaked PlayStation 4 Software Development Kit (PS4 SDK) from the Web
- Sony is inviting PlayStation 4 owners to take part in a beta test for its next major system update. Registration is now open.
- Telltale has announced a fourth, final season of it's The Walking Dead series coming in 2018.
- Telltale has announced Batman: The Enemy Within, the second season of its Batman series. Episode 1 is called "The Enigma" and will be released on August 8th for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, with iOS and Android versions coming later in 2017.
- Telltale has announced a second season of The Wolf Among Us coming in 2018.
- Aaryn Flynn, the general manager of Mass Effect and Dragon Age developer BioWare, has announced he is stepping down after 17 years with the company. Casey Hudson, the project director of the original Mass Effect, will be returning to lead the studio as the new GM.
- Titanfall 2's four-player co-op horde mode, Frontier Defense, will be added 25th July as a free update on all platforms.
- Former Destiny and Halo writer, Jon Goff, is helping pen Microsoft's long-awaited Crackdown 3.
- Overwatch's next free character, Doomfist, will arrive 27th July on all platforms.
- Call of Duty: WW2's Nazi zombies co-op mode has been officially unveiled. It's simply called Nazi Zombies. The co-op mode will star David Tennant (Doctor Who), Elodie Yung (Daredevil), Katheryn Winnick (Vikings), Udo Kier (Melancholia) and Ving Rhames (Dawn of the Dead), each of whom's likeness will be captured in the game.
Destiny 2 Beta Impressions
- Homecoming story mission is a sample of what’s to come. Missions leaves you wanting more after getting kicked in the face by Dominus Ghaul a.ka. Gary.
- The inverted Spire - lack of power weapons to kill the boss was a drag, bungie will address this for the Strike missions. Strike is more dynamic - has some elements that are reminiscent of the raids we’ve played in Destiny 1
- The Public Event at the very beginning of The Inverted Spire was awesome, didn’t pull you out of it to join your allies in the strike mission - I appreciated that.
- Game feels a tad bit slower - which allows the 1V1 encounters more rewards - psychologically
- 4v4 matches across all PVP modes makes for more cooperation
- Control is modified in D2, points you spawn on are already captured, you just have to hold two points to win. It doesn’t matter how many stand on the point while capturing, the time for capturing is the same whether you have one or four guardians on that point.
- Countdown is like a watered down Trials of Osiris, highly competitive, team must be really in sync. It’s the slower mode of the two options available - Like, Trials, strategic movements are definitely a must in this mode.
- Weapon of choice - Nighshade Pulse Rifle
- Hunter Main
- Farm opened up for many today, seems like it was well received
- Destiny 2 Beta was extended to Tuesday, July 25th
Few Things To Note (Source: Bungie News)
- Bungie is testing new tech, and tech that we will better understand when the full game release in September - resulting in a smoother launch.
- Beta is an opportunity to collect data and feedback for final tuning of the game
- Our feedback is helping changes that were made in their internal feedback and testing - these changes include scarce power ammo for PVE
- Bungie built a system to guarantee ammo for you and your fireteam making drops more reliable
- Other tuning include grenade effectiveness, boss vitality and damage against non player combatants
- Core design PVP philosophy hinges on two pillars - great experience and fun matches
- PVP changes include 4v4 and two consolidated playlists
- Crucible matchmaking focuses on internet connection and skill - skill is the bigger factor in the two
- Quickplay and Competitive modes are using the same MM in the BETA (connection + skill)
- Quickplay and Competitive MM may be tuned separately post beta
- Quickplay and Competitive skill are tracked separately
- The Destiny 2 Open Beta has been extended through Tuesday 7/25 for additional service testing. Expected completion is 6 PM PDT.
That’s all for now! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the blog for show archives and join our community on Discord.